December 9, 2014 Leave a comment
Different Ways for Career shift to SAP: SAP Training for pre selected Candidates
“How can I get into SAP?”
This is a common question asked by most of the people who want to move to ERP/SAP career from their non SAP career. As discussed in earlier posts, it depends on your professional qualification, your domain/technical experience, Soft skills, your training in particular area and the most important is the Opportunity you get for this career move..
In my earlier notes, I have discussed different ways people have followed to enter SAP Career.
One of the ways which some people have followed is getting trained for a pre selected employer.
This model is beneficial for the candidate as well as the “would be employer”.
This has been followed by many SAP Consulting organisations which require no. of SAP consultants in a particular domain area. This is mostly called as “Train & Hire model” and the methodology is as follows:
- The prospective Employer identifies the SAP Skill Resources requirement for a Functional/Technical area.
- The Employer either plans to conduct Training themselves OR Collaborates with an SAP Authorised Training Centre.
- There is normally a pre screening of Candidates for suitability as SAP Consultants which is done by the Employer. This Pre selection of candidates is based on professional qualification, your domain/technical experience, Soft skills, and suitability to work as Consultant etc. etc….
- The Candidates have to complete the Authorised SAP Training followed by SAP Certification. Depending upon the Organisation, Training Academy the Training Cost is partially/Fully paid by Candidate.
- Most of the Employers in above model, do give a Conditional Offer Letter for employment before start of the training. This is applicable only after completing SAP Training & Certification. This will vary from Company to company.
- Normally there will be a final selection process after completing SAP Training & Certification.
- Once you join the Employer, the normal induction process is followed just like any lateral recruit. and your Career Change to SAP is complete.
There is a possibility of undertaking to serve the Employer for a minimum period and many organisations do insist for it.
The above path will give an opportunity to move into SAP and is one of the most suitable for a Career change.