December 29, 2015 Leave a comment
I am giving SAP career Progress of experienced SAP Practitioners as MySAP Career in my blog. The intention is to get a SAP Career summary of successful SAP practitioners in brief. I am sure this will help candidates who are planning to start SAP Career as well as those who are already working in SAP Consulting area..
MySAP Career: HCM Functional Lead Consultant :
- What is your current position/position last held?
Functional Lead (Human Capital Management Module)
- Your Qualification
Commerce Graduate with three Post Graduations. All from Pune University
First one in Commerce, another one in Computer Management followed by Business Administration.
- How long you have been working in SAP Consulting area?
Started working in SAP area since May 2013. Its 2.5 years now.
- What was your professional experience before you moved to SAP area and how long?
I was working as a recruitment professional for 10+ years with top IT companies. I have handled Campus & Lateral Hiring and Recruitment Analytics in my past stint.
- How you started your career in SAP?
While working with all these top IT companies, I realised that Online HR systems and good reporting helped management and HR function specifically to do a lot of Analysis. This Data Analytics further triggers good support for HR decision-making.
Strong ERP system like SAP helps achieve this via a central database globally.
I joined one of the top engineering services company as a Functional Lead for HCM module.
As my core area of interest and domain was recruitment, I was assigned for SAP eRecruitment Module.
- How you got your initial SAP training?
I got trained through SAP Authorised Training partner at Pune. It was online training as I was working at the same time. Online Training had the flexibility to attend the training anytime during the day and late evenings as well from Training partner’s location.
- How you started working on your initial SAP Projects?
After joining this Organsiation, I started supporting different HR sub modules and simultaneously started working in functional role through small enhancements required in system.
- Have you done SAP Certifications?
Not as of now. This is in process and will be completed shortly.
- What are subsequent SAP trainings which you did for your SAP career?
Within our organisation I got trained on Training and Event Management and some custom modules.
- What are the important/Critical points one should keep in mind for SAP Career progress?
- Good Domain Knowledge
- Patience to learn and grow in Organisation
- Connect with SAP via SCN and SDN websites and building good network outside organisation as well.
- Constantly in touch with Latest Info via release notes from SAP.